Author Options:

What material is used for car convertible tops-rear window? I want to enclose a porch? Answered

I want to enclose a porch with 4X8 foot framed windows using this material for the window-rear window convertible "plastic"?


You're going to want clear vinyl (PVC) in about a 40-mil thickness or so. You may be able to find this at a well-appointed fabric store, as it is sometimes used to make clear slipcovers for furniture. Getting it in a 4-foot width shouldn't be a problem.

Seconded - its vinyl (or pvc).  Clear is available from various fabric stores in the 'oilcloth' section (the stuff used for table coverings)

Why do you want to use that material? Could you not say "I want (this much) clear plastic material with (these physical properties)"?