Author Options:

What type is this for? Answered

I'd never seen one like this. I was wondering if someone could clue me in on what type it was for. Thanks


I think that it is intended for a "wafer tumbler" lock, where the tumblers are flat and rectangular rather than cyclindrical. Those are the cheap looking kinds of locks you usually see on file cabinets.


5 years ago

Its a lock pick (part of a set usually.)

My practical education continues.

I can see how someone could use thatpick to unlock a pin tumbler.
Many years ago someone taught me to to make a 7pin lock tumbler
lock system set up for a local key and a master key.