Yellow Fever Answered
I'm peturbed, even that more at the quick flagging response, yet no help to my situation, regardless I'll ignore that. My mirage panel amp uses IRF640 mosfet transistors, and I did something to it in the process of trying to take an amperage reading with my multimeter between the two energized heatsinks (theres two mosfets for a mono output), after the big FLASH BANG, I pulled it apart after ripping the cord out of the wall. The only damage I can find is a small black pit that the spark made in the metal heatsink (actually it was pretty deep for a spark pit). I've checked the mosfet transistors, included cleaning the MASSIVE amount of ceramic thermal paste they smeared on there with some rubbing alch to get a nice clean surface on the heat sink and transistor. By the way, would arctic silver be a good substitute for the crap paste they put on there? They're designed to make contact with the heatsink anyways so I don't see why silver thermal paste would hurt it. But besides all that, I can't find any brown spots on the PCB or any bulging capacitors (there's only two main power caps), did I perhaps just flip some kind of internal circuit breaker built into the circuit as a whole, not just as a single device I can see? I'm wondering if I should just chuck it instead of putting it back together and plugging it back in to be greeted with another spark, although it didn't smoke or anything while it was plugged in after the spark, but I got a quiet humming sound on the sub and the music stopped coming through. Again, maybe I blew some kind of breaker? Oh and I know it's my fault guys, so don't be rubbing that in my face, I come here only for help and not to be a nuisance.