Author Options:

You gotta see this ingenius redneck wind turbine. Answered


It seems to me this would catch the wind better if you stand it on its end, supported on its axle of course. This way it's called an horizontal axis. If you stand it on end it's called a vertical axis wind turbine. Google Image search VAWT for more.
I do like the way it's designed and the instruction, though. Thanks.


5 years ago

This is quite an interesting approach. I would suggest balancing the assembly to maximize efficiency. Please keep us posted.

That's gotta take a lotta wind to get going. And that's not hooked up to anything yet.