Author Options:

can anybody give me a link for any type of information on pressure relief valve(ball type!!!).its urgent!!!!!!!? Answered

the excess pressure is detected by a ball.



OK This system will work but it is up to you to engineer the details.

You need 2 valves - One is normally held open until the pressure in the main line rises above the max level. This main valve will now close to shut off the main flow line.

The over flow line has another valve set at a slightly lower pressure or the same as the main valve cut off point but above the normal running pressure of the system so that in normal use the over flow is closed.

If the main valve closed the rise in pressure will open the over flow valve to allow flow into the tank.

bivalve safety.jpg

I couldn't find anything that was clear so i drew the attached. Left = Low pressure Right = High pressure

ball safety valve.jpg

thank you sir for painstakingly drawing this for me.
what i wanted was that, the main pipe should have a side outlet so that:
1. under normal conditions the fluid flows through the main pipe & none through the side outlet.
2. when pressure increases above some threshold value, the flow through the main pipe is cut off, & the fluid escapes through the side outlet & then to the reservoir.
3. the direction of flow is controlled by the ball, as you have shown, but there should be a side outlet that opens only when the ball closes the main flow when the pressure is high; & again closes the side outlet & opens the main pipe when the pressure has decreased.

can you please correct the drawing & post it? because i dont have software for this.
i would be thankful to you!

Good sketch; illustrates what I was trying to describe.

Note that the same kind of valve, with a weaker spring, is used as a "check valve" to let fluid/gas flow only in one direction -- opening automatically when pressure is applied one way, sealing tightly when pressure is applied in the other direction.

Typically, I believe, those are essentially ball-check valves with stronger springs. A ball is held against the valve seat by a spring. When the force from inside exceeds the force of the spring, the ball is pushed away from the valve seat and the fluid/gas leaks out around it until that force is balanced again. Simple and effective; setting the pressure is just a matter of selecting and adjusting the right spring.

Some have a lever which lets you displace the ball manually to vent off some pressure and/or to flush the valve (to give it a basic cleaning and make sure it hasn't gotten stuck in place, so you know it will operate when needed).

What else do you need to know?

i wanted a link for a video or animation on it.
i know how it operates & all that, but i cant find anything about it on youtube!
all i get is ball valve.
ball valve is an no/off switch.
but what i want is a pressure relief valve, having a ball in it.
if anybody can get a link for it please let me know.

Should have said so.

I don't know of any animation, and I'm not convinced an animation would add anything that Rick's sketch doesn't already show.

Well put.

Also, don't try to fix one just replace it. A diy won't have any warranty/guarantee/liability insurance.