Author Options:

can anyone identify this lathe attachment (used for turning disks into "bowls") ? Answered

Hey I'm looking for the name and/or other informations about this lathe attachment


used for turning (silver) disks into "bowls"  (I'm talking about the attachment used for holding the disks)

really hope you can help me!! thanks :)


thanks, really helps!

Try the word Mandrel, it looks like a good start.



Mandrel with matching tailstock to keep the piece firmly clamped in there.

Its not so much a tool, as a work support - as L. says, a mandrel. Here its being used for metal spinning.