Author Options:

what electronic component is this? Answered


Most likely a tantalum capacitor.  These are polarised, so if it is it will have either a '+' symbol or a black line near one of the legs.  It will also have a voltage and value printed on it somewhere. 
If it only has a couple of coloured dots or bars, it's probably a thermistor, but I'd put my money on a tant.

 A Disc Capacitor !