Author Options:

what is Rustoleum brand 3603 URT (ultimate repair tape) used for? Answered

Was recently given a roll of ths tape that looks like carbon fiber with a thick adhesive on the back, maybe 3-4 ml in thickness.  It has a removable backing to prevent it from sticking to itself.  The roll itself is about 4" by 6'.  Was wondering if ti cures if exposed to sunlight, or if its meant to be impregnated with resin or not.  The weave of what I assume is carbon fiber is somewhat open, but that adhesive backing would stop complete penetration.  Heat set maybe.  Anyway, anyone have a clue that would be awesome.  Thanks. 


Apparently it's a withdrawn product, considering that there seems to be nothing on the web about it. I'd suggest contacting the company directly and asking them.

yes, was going to do that eventually. Just thought someone might have used it. I'll add a picture tomorrow. Normal internet trolling just came up with some msds info, but nothing too helpful.

I don't think ml is a measure of thickness.

"mils" (thousandths of an inch) are a unit of thickness. But shortening that to "ml" is confusing and almost certainly wrong.

Ohh, I thought he meant mL like milliliters

sorry, typing with out thought will get you every time. I meant millimeters.