Author Options:

where can i get a step-down transformer which can convert 12v 12.5amps to 2v 75 amp? Answered


You may have to either wind your own, or get someone to make it for you.

Its only 150 VA, so its not too specialised - the ones I specify are 400 V primary, 36 V 225 A secondary - they're special !


Sounds like the tx before the rectifier on a xenon arc bulb for a movie theatre! Big power!

8KVA ! A graphite furnace driver - runs up to 1800C on a good day.

ironically similar -- projectors used to use carbon arc, but then technology got good enough to have a not-quite-so-consumable arc light source...a single large cinema uses 5-15kVA, a sixteenplex uses enough energy to run a large community :D


6 years ago

Like Steve said, I have never com in contact with such a transformer.
The only way I can see is to buy a 12V 12A XFMR  from Radio Shack or other source and rewind the unit.
You are talking AC 50 or 60 Hz :-)