What contests do YOU want?
I've seen a few complaints recently about contests - the "wrong" kind, or contests coming along just after they publish what would have been a killer entry.
So, why not suggest the contests you would like to see?
It doesn't necessarily have to be a contest you would enter, but maybe one that you think would have a decent response.
- A hat contest. Either making hats from scratch, or doing cool stuff to hats.
- A science contest. Entries either make a piece of scientific equipment, demonstrate a scientific principle or process, or otherwise provide a learning experience.
- A walking stick contest. I noticed that my mother's walking stick is hollow. People must be able to come up with all sorts of things to make that empty space more useful or entertaining.
- A useless but bizarrely entertaining device contest. Things in the vein of the Useless Machine and Rube Goldberg set-ups. Entries must include how to make the device, and a video of it in action. Judging would be based largely on entertainment value.
- A Time contest. Anything related to time, timepieces or keeping time.
- A Scouting contest. Entries that would fulfil the requirements of any badge of any part of the Scouting or Guide movement across the world. (Extra credit for shots of entrants being awarded their badge?)
- A Guerilla Making contest. Not making gorillas, but making something, then leaving it somewhere for strangers to find or encounter. Include contact details for the entrant (or the site?) and see what happens.
- Volume Two contest. Isn't it about time to start thinking about producing another book?
Now, what do you want to see?