Introduction: 4D Automated Teller Machine
Less than 50 years since its first appearance in London in 1967, Automated Teller Machines (ATM) spread around the globe, securing a presence in every major country and even small towns.
This ATM project simulates the basic operation of an ATM which includes account balance checking and cash withdrawal. It features the use of the 4D Systems gen-uLCD-70DCT-CLB, a Capacitive Touch display as the human machine interface.
Step 1: Build
- gen4 - PA and FFC Cable
- 1 x Arduino MEGA 2560
- 1 x Motor shield5 x Servo motor
- s2 x DC motors2 x Red LED
- 2 x Photoresistor module
- RFID Card reader module
- RFID Cards
- 5V 2A DC power supply
- Acrylic panels
- Assorted nuts and bolts
- uSD Card
- uUSB Cable
- Jumper Wires
- Workshop 4 IDEArduino IDE
Build the circuit as shown in the diagram.
Step 2: Program
- Extract the contents of the files.
- Open the project file for the Arduino codes.
- You can modify the servo pins and serial COM port settings.
- You can also modify the command sorter for commands coming from the display.
- You can also check and modify the codes for the card insertion and identification routines.
- You can also check and modify the codes for dispensing the bills.
- You can also check and modify the codes for the card ejection routine.
- Open the project using Workshop 4. This project uses the Visi Environment.You can modify the properties of each widget.
Step 3: Compile
Click on the “Compile” button.
Note: This step could be skipped. However, compiling is essential for debugging purposes.
Step 4: Comms Port
Connect the display to the PC. Make sure that you are connected to the right port. Red Button indicates that the device is not connected, Blue Button indicates that the device is connected to the right port.
Step 5: Compile and Upload
- Go back to “Home” tab. This time, click on the “Comp’nLoad” button.
Workshop 4 IDE will prompt you to select a drive to copy the image files to a uSD Card. After selecting the correct drive, click OK.
Step 6: Mount USD Card
- When the uSD card is not yet inserted, this message will appear on your gen4 Display: "Drive not mounted"
- After inserting your uSD card the GUI will be loaded on your display.
You may also want to check out our project Website!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.