DISCLAIMER 1: The overall design (and possibly the whole idea) of this lamp was influenced by atarax's shoji lamp Instructable. The motif on the side was influenced by Nick Falzone's superb Sangaku and Yuugou case mods. I did not steal either of their ideas.
DISCLAIMER 2: This is probably one of the safer non-computer Instructables I've written. However, hot glue is hot, scissors are pointy, bamboo can give nasty splinters and this Instructable involves wiring a mains lightbulb socket. If you are unsure of how to do that safely, I disclaim all responsibility for electrical mishaps.
DISCLAIMER 3: Yes, I got the parts images from Google image search because I built this thing before taking the photos, and couldn't be bothered taking photos of a light socket and corrugated cardboard. If I am using your image and you would rather I didn't, let me know and I'll replace it with one of my own.
Step 1: Materials
- Glue gun
- Craft knives
- Diagonal/wire cutters or nail clippers
- Strong corrugated cardboard, preferably 2-layer
- Paper- I used regular lined paper but if you wanted to be fancy you could used textured craft paper or tracing paper
- Bamboo/wooden chopsticks or kebab skewers
- Straight batten lightbulb socket
- A couple of metres of flex (2-core or 3-core is ok)
- (optional) Inline switch
- Lightbulb- I use an 11W CFL, I'm not happy about the idea of an incandescent bulb in a box made of paper