Introduction: A New Way to Lube My Idle Air Control Valve (Honda Civic 1999, D15B Engine).

Previously I used to remove the air filter and spray powerlube into the idle air port. Now I decided to try a new approach.

Step 1: Removing the Stator.

The connector I unclipped then the two screws holding the stator were removed. Once out you can see the bare rotor that turns the valve.

Step 2: Lubing!

A few squirts of powerlube onto the rotor and the stator cavity is all that is needed.

Step 3: Completion!

Once I mounted back the stator, I let it soak for half hour. When the car was started the idle was much smoother.

Not bad for a 5 minutes job.


About This Instructable




Bio: As of April 2017 I have decided to no longer post on instructables. The fact that several of my published works have been removed without ... More »
More by Mjtrinihobby:Replacing the starter and overload in a fridge. Fixing a Slack Transmission Dipstick. How to Send Bold and Italics Text in Whatsapp
Add instructable to: