Funny little aside, at the time talking about the problem I shot an idea out that instead of hanging the paddle from a flexible pole by a bungee, fix it via a bolt to the pole. I forgot all about that and then over the winter set about with the design describe below. All happy with the prototype I proudly presented to the team at the first camp this year only to find they'd implemented the bolt-pole idea and it works a treat. That said, we're going to continue developing the adaptive handle as its already built.
Step 1: Rough template
Step 2: Glass it
2) Heated the forearm section and bent it to form a half pipe
3) Cut Y shape of 9 oz s-glass larger than the foam, it will wrap around the foam by about an inch
4) I mixed some epoxy resin and wet the foam core to ensure a good bond
5)lay down the glass and wet it epoxy completely
6) then lay down the release fabric which allows you to pull off the breather fabric.
7) The release fabric (darcon) is then stitched together on the reverse side to pull it and the glass underneath tort.
8) Then lay down the breather fabric which soaks up excess resin squeezed out by the vacuum press