1. Since your car engine is running to charge the AC system there are moving belts and pulleys,fan(s) and very hot parts. You can easily loose your fingers if you put them where they don't belong!
2. Freon if sprayed as a liquid on your body parts will freeze them instantly- FROSTBITE
3.Don't release freon into the atmosphere. It is not good for the earth.
4.Wear safety goggles at all times incase a hose blows or something goes wrong and freon is sprayed on your face.
5. If after reading this instructable you feel unsure about doing this then you should not be doing it.
THIS CAN BE DANGEROUS AND THERE IS POTENTIAL FOR INJURY. I ASSUME NO LIABILITY FOR YOUR TRYING THIS. THIS IS JUST A DEMONSTRATION OF HOW TO DO IT. IF YOU DECIDE TO DO IT YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Ok lets get started.
1. The adapter to connect from the freon can to your freon SUCTION SIDE of the AC system.
Found where you buy freon.
2. Freon- probably 2 cans if your system is barely cold. If it is cool but not as cold as it was buy 1 can
3. A thermometer
4. An AC system in need of some freon.