- Nov 19. 2031: OPINION: The Amazing Synergy Between Arduino & Android.
- October 30, 2013: Andruino is now officially ARDUDROID and will be available on Google Play shortly. This name change to avoid conflict with another app on Google Play.
- August 31, 2013: I have published a guide on how to modify the default settings for the HC-05 module.
- July 10, 2013: Featured on MAKEZINE http://makezine.com
- July 8, 2013: Featured on Hackaday http://goo.gl/Lim0W
- July 4, 2013: Featured on Dangerous Prototypes http://goo.gl/HZatN
- Breadboard wiring and electronics skills.
- Arduno Uno.
- HC-05 Bluetooth serial module.
ArduDroid (formerly Andruino) is a simple tool to help you control your Arduino (or clone) from your Android phone. It's both an Android app and an Arduino program. ArduDroid has a simple Android user interface to 1) control Arduino's digital and PWM pins 2) send text commands to Arduino 3) and receive data from Arduino over Bluetooth serial using the ever popular and really cheap (less than $10 from ebay) HC-05 Bluetooth over serial module. This app has been tested and designed for the HC-05 Serial Bluetooth module. Other Bluetooth modules may or may not work. Please see comments section for users who tried other Bluetooth modules with this app.
INSTALL FROM GOOGLE PLAY
ArduDroid should work with other Bluetooth modules with some tweaking but I have only tested it with the HC-05. This is an alpha version that's running fine on my Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus. Please share your experience running ArduDroid on your phone. Also, while I used Arduino Uno in this prototype, feel free to experiment with other models of Arduino. Please share your experience to help me improve this app.
I have published a guide before on building and programming a circuit with the HC-05 Bluetooth module and Arduino but I will briefly describe again in this guide how to wire the circuit using a breadboard and jumper wires.
ArduDroid is an app that evolved during one of my development projects. Special thanks to engineer Jafar Quttaineh for testing the app and for his invaluable input.