This is also one of the animals that is smuggled and suffers from mistreatment in captivity. Many find it cute and funny. However, when buying one of these, you will be financing and encouraging the smuggling of wild animals.
Rather than famous people say, if you blow something here, you will not earn a monkey. Here in Brazil we have tough laws to punish the smuggling of wild animals.
Working with Arduino:
- figure of the minkey (free download): http://cp.c-ij.com/en/contents/3157/squirrel-monkey/index.html
- 4 sheets of A4 paper (In the file is only one, but I need to print poster-size, four pages per sheet to make it a little bigger monkey)
- pieces of balsa wood
- a piece of depron or styrofoam tray
- two servomotors (one standard an other mini) withcrosshead, each
- one bolt with nut and washer (of about 6 cm)
- a piece of steel wire (I used a clothespin)
- a strip of velcro (6 x 3cm)
- programed Arduino, brotoboard, wires, batteries, servo lead Connection
- glue, hot glue, instant glue, scissors, ruler, pliers, etc ...
Step 2: Assembling skull
Step 3: Assembling the parts of monkey
At the bottom, I put a piece of depron. Notice that one edge is rectangular. This was used to fit the tail of the monkey.
Step 4: Wearing the skeleton
Then i "covered" the skeleton with the monkey's body, attached the head and glued the base. To have access to the internal components, i put a strip of velcro and made a hole in the chest of the monkey.