The temps are very low and so solder fittings will work, they also serve to keep the weight down by reducing the number of heavy brass fittings needed.
My cell produces 1 lpm so the standard mig tip will need to be made smaller and we will cover that mod later on.
Step 1: Parts and exploded view
- 6 inches 15mm copper tube
- 1" section between stopend and elbow.
- 1 ¼ " section between the coupler and the ball valve.( length is 30mm but 32mm seats well)
- remaining approx 4" between the elbow and ball valve.
- 15mm copper stopend.
- 15mm copper 90 ° elbow.
- coupler FIxC 15mm x ½ "
- ½ " BSP hosetail which is a standard LP gas fitting.
- mini ball valve compression fittings on both ends.
- mig welder tip either 0.8mm or 0.9mm which will be modified.
- a brass nut M6x1.9 for the mig tip.