- fabric with at least a side-to-side stretch
- asymmetrical lingerie elastic for edging
- strap elastic
- hooks & eyes
- a little knit interfacing
- optionally, stretch lace for decoration
- optionally, ribbon for decorative bows
- optionally, plastic hardware for adjusting the straps - but I leave this out b/c I can make the straps the exact right length without need for adjustments!
You can buy underwires in some fabric stores or online, but if you have some old bras that need to be tossed out, reclaim the underwires from them first. Do your best to get an underwire of the correct size (hold it up under your breast and check that it fits snugly but without poking into your breast). They can be bent a little bit but they're actually made of flat metal in a U shape, not round wire, so as to hold shape better.