All together I spent about $40 - $50 bucks, finding most materials from what I had in my garage or around the home.
Things you'll need:
- Hot Glue Gun (and sticks - the bigger the bag the better)
- Duct Tape (Red, Gray)
- Masking Tap (Mainly for paint)
- Small Ruler and Big Ruler
- Exacto Blade
- Spray Paints (Primer, Red, Blue, white and Mettalic)
- $.99 cents store Mini Flashlights (4 of them)
- Hard HAt (about $6.00 at any Hardware Store)
- Velcro (Found at Major stores like Target, Kmart etc.)
- Lots and lots of cardboard, or foam board. Most companies throw out scrap or just go to your local markets and ask them to save you some before tossing.
- 2 tin cans (emptied of course)
- 2 plastic report sheet covers (for the windshields)
- I used old Hockey Gloves but any cheap canvas ones will work.
- Packaging tubes or PVC piping
Over the last month I've found myself staring at piles of trash while driving, hoping to find something I can use for my costume. Always try to be frugal and inventive.