If you are not used to working with powertools ask someone who knows how to use them.
After building this turbine you will still need you fingers so.
PLEASE BE CAREFULL !!!
Step 1: Tools and parts
- Jigsaw and or band saw
- Hand saw
- Drill press or hand drill
- Drill bits
- Tab tool
- Sanding paper
- Vise ( it makes work more easy)
- 2 clamps
- PVC pipe
- Waterproof wood "concrete form plywood is the best"( if you don't have that you will have to protect it with a coating )
- 2 Bearings ( bottom one needs to be able to handle a load )
- Grease nipple
- Wire rod ( 2 sizes ) ( 1 big one and 4 small ones ) ( Stainless if possible )
- Bolts and washers ( 2 sizes ) ( Stainless if possible )
- A piece of 40 mm round aluminium ( Alloy ) ( it will hold the bottom bearing )
- 2 Angle irons
- 3 eye screws
Step 2: Let's get started
When you have done that you will cut it over the hole length.
Now you should have 8 pieces ( they should be exactly the same size! )
Step 3: Making the 2 disks of the turbine
Measure in 2 directions to get the middle of the plate and mark that point.
Take your compass and make a circle of 40 cm diameter.
Grab your jigsaw and cut them out.
Step 4: Divide your circle in 8 pieces
You only have to do this on one plank.
In the next step i will explain why.