It's Christmas Time = Christmas Cookie Time
Ingredients (for about 15 cookies):
* 1-1/4 cup all purpose flour (160 g)
* 1/2 cup unsalted butter (115 g)
* 1 large egg yolk
* 1/2 cup powdered sugar (60 g)
* 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
* 1/2 tsp pure peppermint extract
* 1/4 tsp food coloring
Step 1: Step One: Make the Dough
Cream butter then add sugar, beat again
Add one egg yolk, vanilla extract and peppermint extract. Stir to combine
Add in flour into 2 additions (meaning, add half flour, beat, then add the other half, beat)
You should get a soft but firm dough.
Divide the dough into 2 balls.
Add a few drops of food coloring to one ball.
Cover both ball in plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 30 min.