Introduction: Chocolate Pudding Cupcakes With Strawberry Centers (Sweetheart Cupcakes)
I made these for my boys (and my daughter, too - can't leave anyone out!) and they were ALL GONE within 20 minutes of me putting them on the table. Super easy to make, super delicious, and super cute when you cut one in half!
1 package cake mix, chocolate
1 package strawberries, cleaned and hulled
1 package pudding, chocolate
Fresh mint sprigs,optional but awesome
1. Prepare cupcakes according to package and let cool. Using a paring knife, core out a well down into each cupcake, for your strawberry to fit into. Prepare your pudding according to the package. Let set until nice and pudding-y (solid - wet gloopy pudding will ruin the cupcakes, so don't be in a rush, let the pudding firm up!)
2. Stick the strawberry pointy side down into your cupcakes. Take the piece of the cupcake that you cut out, and place it on top of the strawberry, after you push it down into the cupcake.
3. Top liberally with pudding in leu of frosting.
4. Add a sprig of mint if you like. I think it adds a certain something, and my neighbor had some growing in her kitchen and shared…but don’t go out and buy some.
5. I cut each cutcake in half and set it on a plate, because presentation is everything with these suckers. They are DELICIOUS and super easy!
We call them 'Sweetheart Cupcakes' because I made them for my sweethearts, and because the strawberry looks like a little symbol of love...before they started to shove them into their mouths, that is. ;)
Finalist in the
anastasiaK36 made it!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.