I'm into rustic crafting these days. I've made some rustic home decors for my mom, and this time I tried to make a coconut shell jewelry box. It's really easy to make and looks nice. I'm not very good in giving a smooth finishing touch, but I'm sure you can make one better than mines. To make it look nicer, use attractive hinges and locks.
Step 1: Things you need
1) Coconut shell (cut into 2 pieces),
2) Silicon carbide paper (aka, sand paper)
3) Drill machine or anything to make small holes on the shell,
5) Lock system (in this case, hasp and staple's the best)
6) Screws and screw driver,
7) Varnish and 1 inch paint brush,
8) Small padlock.
(I couldn't gather all the materials at the same time, so couldn't take a picture of them together)