Introduction: Crayon Candle
This simple instructable will tell how to make your very own crayon candle.
I got this idea after seeing a lot of candles made from crayons but never one made out of a crayon.
Basically the paper replaces the wick in the candle. It takes a little bit for it to light though and burns for about 8 minutes.
Enjoy the video!
If you like the crayon candle vote for it in the lamps and lighting contest.
Step 1: Materials
- sharp knife
- cutting mat of some sort or a surface you don't mind getting scratched.
- candle holder (I used a knex wheel)
Step 2: Preparing the Candle
- First, cut off the end of the crayon (not the tip) to get it flush with the paper, as shown in pictures 1-3.
- Second, carve out a little bit of the end of the crayon to expose some of the paper: pictures 4 and 5.
- Third and final, push or place the candle crayon into the the candle holder.
Step 3: Lighting the Candle
Now all that's left to do is light it and whola! You have yourself a crayon candle.
Make sure you read the notes.
If liked the instructable, please vote for it in the lamps and lighting contest.
Hope you had fun.
Step 4: Notes
- The crayon candle can burn continually for about 8 minutes.
- It tends to be a bit smokey when blown out.
- I wouldn't let it burn past the black line (as seen in the image notes) because it will probably fall over.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.