Step 1: Making Them
Once this is done, take the CD and a pack of acetate sheets to Kinkos, or a similar printing venue. Kinkos only charged me $0.49 a print.
Easy as that.
Step 2: Using the Gels
- Store gels in a manila envelope to keep them from getting dusty or scratched.
- If you're shooting in black and white, a red gel will add more contrast to the picture.
- An interesting effect can be achieved by lighting different parts of a picture with different colors.
- Putting a gelled light between you subject and a white backdrop allows you to have whatever color background you want.
- Position the subject far from the backdrop if you want colored light on the subject, but not the background.