Step 1: Supplies
- Cookies made from your favorite sugar cookie recipe
- Christmas tree cookie cutter
- Royal icing in green and gold, 12-count consistency
- Gold sparkling sugar
- Confetti sprinkles
- Icing bags or bottles, couplers, and a #2 or #3 piping tip
- Pair of tweezers (clean, used for food only)
While the icing it still wet, use a pair of (clean, used for food only) tweezers to place confetti sprinkles on your Christmas tree cookie. Set the cookie aside to dry completely, preferably overnight.
When your green icing has dried completely, draw garland on your Christmas tree cookie with gold royal icing. While the icing is still wet, cover it with gold sparkling sugar. Let the icing dry for just a few minutes. Then, turn the cookie vertical and shake off any excess sprinkles. If you perform this step over a coffee filter, it is easy to pour the unused sprinkles back into their container so that they aren’t wasted. Let the icing dry completely before stacking or packing your Christmas tree decorated Christmas cookies.
For more creative sweets made simple, visit sugarkissed.net or stay connected on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.