This cabinet is made from four IKEA pränt boxes, one IKEA dioder. The rest was just stuff that I already had.
Step 1: You will need
- 4 IKEA pränt boxes
- 1 IKEA dioder (lights)
- 1 old standing lamp
- some pipes
- 1 castor wheel
- glass cutter
Step 2: The boxes
- We start off by opening the IKEA packing.
- The lids can be assembled according to the IKEA instructions.
- The boxes can not be fully assembled yet because we are going to replace the bottom with a piece of glass.
- Take the plywood bottoms out of the packings.
Step 3: Glass
- Find some glass that is big enough to cut the bottom out of it and not thicker than the plywood.
- Put the plywood bottom on the glass.
- Mark the size of the bottom.
- Scratch the glass with a glass cutter. (be sure to not make the glass any bigger than the bottom plywood)
- Break the glass on the scratch on the edge of a ruler or the edge of a table.
- Do this four times for four boxes.
- Clean your workspace to remove all the small pieces of glass.
Step 4: Make the boxes
Be careful, the glass is still sharp.
Step 5: The lamp
The shaft must be small enough to fit though the hole in het boxes.
Ideally it would be a snug fit.
If your lamp is bigger, you will need to drill out the holes in the boxes.
My lamp was smaller, so I made some bushings.
Strip the lamp of everything except the pole and the base. (sorry, no pictures of the stripping)