Introduction: Easy 3D Christmas Tree Cookies
In this Instructable I'm going to show you how to make 3D Christmas Cookies, that are not only easy to prepare, but also very delicious.
You can of course decorate them in any way you want.
I will give a one year pro membership to everybody who makes them and posts a picture.
Step 1: What You Need
- 100 g ground almonds
- 75 g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 25 g flour
- 25 g corn starch
- Inside of a vanilla pod (If you can't find real vanilla, just use extract)
- A pinch of salt
- 200 g powdered sugar
- juice from one lemon
- 100 g shredded coconut
- green food colouring
Tools + Material
- Parchment paper
- Pastry bag
- Paint brush
Step 2: Preparation
- Start by preheating the oven to 180°C (~360°F).
- Cut about 15 circles (~14 cm diameter) from the parchment paper and roll them up, after cutting a thin line to the centre.
- Use the paperclips, to secure your cones and place them in small cups (I didn't have enough, so I used a turned over "Ice Shot Glass Silicone Mold", if you don't have it either, use a turned over egg carton (but be careful, it might start to smolder))
Step 3: Mixing
- Separate the eggs. Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt and while doing so, slowly add the sugar.
- Mix the egg yolk with the inside of a vanilla pod, as well as the almonds with the flour and the corn starch. Carefully use a large spatula to fold everything into the egg whites.
- Fill the mixture into a pastry bag and then into your cones.
- Bake them for about 20 minutes and let them cool off.
Step 4: Decoration
- In order to decorate your trees, mix the shredded coconut with the green food colouring. You might have to add a little bit of water should they not mix well.
- Mix the powdered sugar with the lemon juice and a bit of water and add a few drops of green food colouring.
- Use a paint brush to apply the frosting and roll your trees in the shredded coconut.
- You can of course use different coloured frosting to decorate your trees. Enjoy and have a very Merry Christmas.