You can of course decorate them in any way you want.
I will give a one year pro membership to everybody who makes them and posts a picture.
Step 1: What you need
- 100 g ground almonds
- 75 g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 25 g flour
- 25 g corn starch
- Inside of a vanilla pod (If you can't find real vanilla, just use extract)
- A pinch of salt
- 200 g powdered sugar
- juice from one lemon
- 100 g shredded coconut
- green food colouring
Tools + Material
- Parchment paper
- Pastry bag
- Paint brush
Step 2: Preparation
- Start by preheating the oven to 180°C (~360°F).
- Cut about 15 circles (~14 cm diameter) from the parchment paper and roll them up, after cutting a thin line to the centre.
- Use the paperclips, to secure your cones and place them in small cups (I didn't have enough, so I used a turned over "Ice Shot Glass Silicone Mold", if you don't have it either, use a turned over egg carton (but be careful, it might start to smolder))
Step 3: Mixing
- Separate the eggs. Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt and while doing so, slowly add the sugar.
- Mix the egg yolk with the inside of a vanilla pod, as well as the almonds with the flour and the corn starch. Carefully use a large spatula to fold everything into the egg whites.
- Fill the mixture into a pastry bag and then into your cones.
- Bake them for about 20 minutes and let them cool off.