It is simple and easy, but a little bit time consuming if you apply old school methods (unless you have a cutting tool like Silhouette or at least a compass cutter like tool).
It can also be made by kids under supervision. I named this lamp as TLC (Tender, Love & Care) Pendant lamp, because I have used some lovely words to decorate this lamp which are used to communicate such lovely expressions.
Lets get started.
Step 1: Stuff that you will need
- A large Card sheet or drawing sheet (I used ivory or off-white color)
- A measurement scale or ruler
- Elmer's glue or similar or Fevicol (in india), with pointed nozzle..
- A compass cutter
- A craft scissor
- A stapler
- A geometry compass (OPTIONAL IF YOU HAVE A COMPASS CUTTER)
- A paper cutter
- A power cord with bulb holder
- A 5 watt CFL or 1 watt LED
- Tracing sheet (I used A4 size but it doesn't matter)
- Some knowledge about Microsoft Word and how to print document (OPTIONAL If you take my attached template for print out at Office Depot or similar place).
- Patience, if will help you finish the stuff faster :-)
Step 2: Preparing the fundamental part of lamp, that is cuttings of circles
NOTE: you can also draw circles on card sheet using compass and use scissor to cut, if you don't have compass cutter.
See the pictures above.
IMPORTANT: YOU DON'T WANT TO USE ANY OTHER METHOD OF DRAWING OR CUTTING THE CIRCLES WHERE YOU CAN NOT FIND THE CENTER OF THE CIRCLE. WE NEED CENTER OF CIRCLE.