Step 1: What You Need:
- A welding mask, gloves and appropriate clothing
- About 3.5 feet of steel chain; DO NOT use a galvanized metal chain (I used a chain with 1.25" long links; for anyone using the same sized chain I'll list the number of links that correspond to each measurement)
- Spray paint and clear coat
- An empty wine bottle
Step 2: The Base
- Weld the links together.
Step 3: The Stem
- Weld 7.5" (6 links) of vertical chain together. Pay special attention to the bottom link.
- If you want you can weld the bottom link at a bit of an angle, giving the stem a more curved look.
Step 4: The Neck Hole
- Weld the circle.
- Check to see if the bottle holder works with a larger, preferably empty wine bottle.
- Wrap the remaining chain around the neck of the wine bottle.
- Weld the rest of the chain, including the dangling end.
Step 5: Painting
- I applied two coats of spray paint (I used semi-gloss black), and one light touch-up coat.
- I then applied two coats of clear coat.