Everything in the parts list below should be available in the sprinkler system section of your local hardware store except, of course, the screws and nuts which should be available in the hardware section.
- 1x 18" of 3/4" diameter PVC pipe (you may need a little more)
- 1x 24" of 1/2" diameter PVC pipe (you may need a little more)
- 2x 90-degree slip/slip elbow couplers for 3/4" dia. PVC pipe
- 2x 45-degree slip/slip elbow couplers for 3/4" dia. PVC pipe
- 2x 3-way slip/slip/slip 'T' couplers for 3/4" dia. PVC pipe
- 2x 10" long 1/2" dia. riser pipes, threaded at both ends (aka "nipples", shown in black below)
- 12x 90-degree slip/slip elbow couplers for 1/2" dia. PVC pipe
- 4x 3-way slip/slip/FIPT 'corner' couplers for 1/2" dia. PVC pipe (FIPT means female threaded)
- 2x 2" long 10-24 thumb screws
- 2x 10-24 wing nuts
- Pen or pencil that will make a mark on PVC pipe (black Sharpie recommended)
- PVC cutter (preferred) or hacksaw
- Drill with 5/16 drill bit
- Tape measurer
- PVC cement
- 1x strip of medium grain sandpaper (approx. 1" x 4")
Do not use the PVC cement until you have completed the entire footrest and tested it a bit.
You may want to make some minor adjustments or customize this design for the particular chair you are using, and it will be *much* easer to do this if you haven't glued everything together!