The ingredients list is pretty much the straight up Toll House chocolate chip cookie recipe off of the back of the bag of chips with one modification - the addition of some quick cook oats to absorb some of the extra moisture of the thick cookie and add some structural reinforcement to the cookie instead of simply adding more white flour. Having made these giant cookies both with oats and without them, I think they're a valuable addition.
In order to have enough cookie dough to make two of these behemoths, you've got to multiple the normal recipe by 1.5.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick cook oats
- 1.5 teaspoon baking soda
- 1.5 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 cup (3 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 1/8 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/8 cup packed brown sugar
- 1.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups semi sweet chocolate chips