Fashion dress gloves
All items were purchased at Walmart unless stated.
Items for helmet needed
110lb weight cardstock $4.96
Super glue (Locite) brand $3.99 each
Fiberglass sheets $4.55
Fiberglass resin $10.95
Bondo body filler $11.95
Green canvas pants $25.00
Toy gun with holster (optional)
Fabric dye $2.59 each
Standard Set of 6 primary Acrylic colors Yellow, red, green, blue, white and black paint with a small brush.
Spray Paint need Automotive Chrome, Olive, Tan/Brown and White base coat. $5 bucks each
Sand paper (automotive sandpaper level 1, medium 120) $3.56
Metal file for smoothing - any hardware store, I found at pawn shop for 5 bucks
Masks and gloves – Dollar store items
Masking tape – Dollar store item.
Black boots – Already owned.
Black fashion gloves found at Halloween costume shops (already owned).
Three belts to make the belt with holster the $2 bucks a piece at a second hand store.
3 Knee pads – (to use both knees and one to use for a shoulder pad) $2 bucks purchased from second hand store
Cardboard – taken from the recycling bin from my work.
Unique items you’ll have to get online.
Face-shield $5.67 w/ shipping From (http://www.rjsafety.com/hp3.html) it’s the dark green polycarbonate face shield. Item # HF4178D
Green corset $29.95 Ebay seller PinkcloudsLA sells lots of sexy lacy corset type shirts that look kind of military and steampunk style for reasonable prices.
$98 estimate. Not including already owned items of boots, pants, acrylic paints and fashion gloves.
The helmet is the most complicated, time consuming and expensive part of this outfit if you just want to go the easy route just buy a toy version of the helmet or really expensive replica model online. If It that’s the case Skip steps 1 - 8 and learn how to do the rest of the outfit
Step 1: Pepakura and Glueing
• Go to this page and download the files in either A4 or Letter Format depends on the size of cardstock paper you bought. (http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f23/new-helmet-templates-wip-26946/ )
• Open the files in Pepakura and Print the images on Cardstock/thick paper
• This part takes awhile, cut out all the pieces with scissors and a hobby knife.
• Once they are all cut out begin to glue them together using superglue.
• I used Locite Superglue gel control and Locite professional liquid superglue because is hardens so fast.
• Things needed scissors, super glue, razor/hobby blade, hot glue.