The materials required are
1) A jar with a lid that is thick enough to conceal a battery pack and some LEDs
2) Glow water made from florescent dye extracted from a highlighter pen (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTsgPLmli8E)
3) Alien Embryo Growing Pet (http://www.thespacestore.com/alemgrpet.html)
4) 4.5V Battery pack (http://www.instructables.com/id/Making-a-45-volt-battery-pack-from-a-9V-battery/)
5) Protostack half size prototyping board (http://www.protostack.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_2&products_id=3)
6) 2.7 ohm resistor (1W)
7) 6 x High Power Ultra Violet LEDs (http://www.protostack.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=24_30&products_id=36)
Step 1: Grow the alien embryo and immerse it in glow water
Fill the jar with the glow water and place the alien embryo inside.
Step 2: Cut the prototyping board to size
Step 3: Add the resistors and LEDs
Each LED has 2 leads, with one lead shorter than the other. The LEDs are connected directly to the positive and ground power rails with the short lead going into the ground rail.
On this particular board the positive rail has a solid white shading, whilst the ground rail has just the outline.