3 large ripe bananas
3 ripe peaches, peeled and diced
1/2 cup coconut oil
3/4 cup certified gluten free oat flour
1/2 cup millet flour
1/2 cup sorghum flour
2/3 cup coconut palm sugar, plus 2 TB extra for topping (you can substitute brown sugar if you prefer)
2 TB honey
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp salt
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In your stand mixer with the paddle attachment on Low-Medium, mix the 3 bananas until they start to become a mush. Add in the eggs, honey, and coconut oil and mix to combine.
3. Add in all of your dry ingredients: all 3 flours, sugar, baking soda, salt, and xanthan gum. Mix well until there are no lumps.
4. Add in your diced peaches and use the "stir" setting to just slightly mix them into the batter.
5. Evenly divide your batter into a muffin tin lined with 12 paper baking cups. Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with the extra coconut sugar (optional). Bake for 28-30 minutes.
6. Remove the muffins immediately from the pan to cool on a wire cooling rack (this prevents the bottoms from becoming soggy...the peaches make a lot of steam). Cool completely, at least 30 minutes, before eating.
Makes 12 muffins.
Notes: There's just something about this flavor combination that works...really well. I want to buy more peaches and bananas at the store just so I can make these again! They are the perfect summer morning treat. My 3 year old (who won't eat peaches raw but will eat anything in muffin form) asked for seconds :)