You'll want some basic cupcake making devices for this endeavor:
- Cupcake pan
- Cupcake liners
- Hand or stand mixer
- Rubber spatula
- Measuring spoons and cups
- Lag screws or marbles - something like that. You know, to make the skull shapes.
Best Cupcake Recipe EVAR
Of course you can use a box mix to speed up this process, or your own stand-by recipe for perfect cupcakes. But if you're looking for something new, look no further. With a whole new technique and tangy taste, these vanilla cupcakes will blow your socks off!
- 3 cups (360g) of flour
- 1 cup (2 sticks / 227g) of salted butter - room temperature
- 2 cups (110g) of sugar
- 1 TBSP +1 tsp (20mL) baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (4 oz / 237mL) whole milk
- 1/2 cup (4 oz / 237 mL) of plain yogurt
- 2 tsp. (10mL) vanilla extract
Can't Believe It's So Good and So Simple Buttercream Frosting Recipe
That's about all I need to say about it. Only four ingredients and five minutes stand between you and frosting you'll actually want to eat with a spoon (this coming from someone who scrapes off the frosting to get to the good stuff!)
- 1 cup (2 sticks / 227 g) of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 cups(1 lb / 448 g) of powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup (4 oz / 237mL) of milk
- 2 tsp (10mL) of vanilla extract
- Opt. Chocolate chips
- Opt. Food Coloring
This can be left up to your imagination and will depend on what devilish devices you have planned!
I used M&Ms to create eyes, nostrils and beaks, Junior Mints for skully eye sockets, mini Oreos for owly eyes and red hots for special zing where needed. Get creative with what you can find!