Introduction: Headless Bride and Groom
These costumes were pretty easy to make once I figured out how I was going to pull it off. I wish I had taken pictures as I was making them but I will try to explain the process as best I can. I found the brides dress and grooms coat and shirt at a thriftstore for@ $10.00. I had to buy 2 coats and shirts so I could add extra length to the grooms attire. To get the height of the costume I used backpacks which we wore. I attached a large piece of foam for the back and shoulders to a piece of cardboard which was long enough to attach with ducktape to the backpack also. I filled nylons with stuffing for the armes and tied them together so they could be secured to the foam with the ducktape. I used golves for the hands and added pipecleaner to the stuffing so I could position the fingers a bit. The necks are made from paper mache that was formed right on the top of the foam.Add some hot glue to keep the arms in place, a few excessories, and some blood - and your done. I have to say using the back packs was the best part of this costume because the held the weight of the costume and kept it centered.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.