Introduction: DIY Heart Wrapped Ring
I promised myself not to make any wire jewelries for a month... Though I couldn't keep the promise but I'm still Happy! :D
It feels so good when I make something in my head, then make it for real and it turns out exactly how I thought it would be. I was really happy with the final result :D
Anyways, check out this ible to find out how I made this wire heart wrapped ring.
This ring would be a cute gift for your special one, try making one :)
Step 1: Materials Needed
- Crafting wire - 18-20 gauge,
- Crafting pliers - looping, flat and cutting plier,
Step 2: Making the First Heart
Firstly, measure your ring size in inches or cm.
Hold the wire from one end (don't cut the wire from the bundle),
Create the first small loop at that end by using the looping plier,
Wind the wire around that loop only once to make the first small swirl of the first heart.
Bend the wire below the swirl to form the bottom of the heart (see the 3rd picture of this step),
Now create another loop on the bent wire (this should be the outer loop of the swirl) and circle the wire towards the center to form the second swirl of the heart.
There, first heart is done!
Step 3: Making a Chain of Hearts
When you're done making the first heart flip the heart around (see the 1st picture of this step),
Use the looping plier to make a small loop, then circle the wire around the loop once,
Now bend the wire to form the bottom of the second heart,
Before making the second swirl of the second heart you have to flip the whole wire again,
Now use the looping plier to make the outer loop of the swirl and circle the wire towards the center to form a swirl.
Continue to make more hearts till it reaches the required length, mine was 6cm.
Step 4: Closure
When you think that you've made enough hearts, hold it straight along a ruler to check if the size is right,
Keep an inch extra and cut the wire from the bundle.
Wrap the heart chain around the mandrel and insert the extra straight wire into the first loop of the first heart,
Pull the first heart near the last heart and insert the extra wire into the second loop of the last heart, wrap the extra wire around the back and cut it off (if the extra wire is left).
Step 5: Final Touches
Now that you've formed the ring by attaching the first and the last heart, the ring might need some finishing touches.
Use the flat nose plier to flatten the swirls of the hearts,
Insert the ring into the mandrel and press the ring all around to make it a little more round.
Step 6: Tips & Tricks
- Make the center loop and circle the wire around that loop to form the first swirl of each heart,
- After making every swirl flip the wire (swirled wire) around, why? A small part of the wire that attaches 2 hearts together would be visible if you don't flip the wire every time you form a swirl. This technique seemed easier to me though there might be other techniques.
- Form the second swirl by making the outer loop and circling the wire towards the center to form the second swirls of each heart.
- Do not circle the wire around any loop more than once,
- Try keeping the size of each heart as small as possible, otherwise the ring won't get a smooth round shape.
Mich63 made it!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.