The rules are simple. Enter any Instructable that promotes health, or that makes life easier for those who have been afflicted by sickness, injury, or any disability. Your project can be small or large, simple or complex - all that matters is that it makes someone's life healthier, happier, and more productive.
So show us how you've modded your wheelchair, built a treadmill desk, or made inexpensive prosthetics for the third world. As a prize for the best ideas out there we are giving away three Wii consoles with Wii Fit Plus to encourage both health and play. Other prizes include healthy and delicious California citrus fruit, Pro memberships, t-shirts, and other goodies.
So put together an Instructable that will make life better. We can't wait to see what it is.
- You may enter as many times as you want, but each entrant can only win one prize
- Contest is open to international entries
How to enter:
- Make a new Instructable. Previously published Instructables are not eligible.
- Upon publishing it, select the Humana Health by Design checkbox to enter.
- Missed it? Click this link to enter.
Nintendo Wii with a Nintendo Wii Fit Plus system.
Plus an Instructables Prize Pack including a one-year Pro membership, Robot t-shirt, patch, and stickers.
Runner Up Prize:
One box of mixed seasonal citrus fruit, plus an Instructables Prize Pack which includes a one-year Pro membership, Robot t-shirt, patch, and stickers.
Open to enter: April 6, 2010 12:01 AM PST
Deadline for entries: May 23, 2010 11:59 PM PST
Step 1: Official Rules
2. Participants agree to abide by all decisions of Instructables, contest co-sponsors, and judges, which shall be final and binding with respect to all issues relating to this contest.
3. Prize is not transferable and no cash alternative or prize substitution is available. Instructables and contest co-sponsors reserve the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value if the prize listed is unavailable for any reason. All potential winners are subject to verification at the discretion of Instructables and contest co-sponsors.
4. Winner agrees that prizes are being provided "as is", and Instructables and contest co-sponsors make no warranty, representation or guarantee regarding the prize, including but not limited to its quality, condition, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
5. Instructables and contest co-sponsors are not responsible for problems including (but not limited to) damaged, incorrect, inaccurate, lost, delayed, or defective entries, or for injury or damage to any computer resulting from participation in this contest. Entries that have been tampered with or altered are void.
6. Instructables reserves the right to modify, cancel, postpone or end the contest at any time as necessary, at its sole discretion, or to disqualify any participant or winner, at its sole discretion, deemed to have cheated, destroyed, obstructed, or otherwise acted illegally or in bad faith in relation to this contest.
7. Instructables reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be in violation of the Terms of Service; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; to be acting in a unethical or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
8. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you represent and warrant that: you are over the age of 18, or entering with the knowledge and permission of your parent or guardian (subject to verification), and that the entry does not contain or incorporate the intellectual property and/or confidential information of any third party.
9. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you hereby grant Instructables a perpetual, irrevocable, sublicenseable, worldwide, royalty free right to publish and distribute your entry for their promotional purposes.
10. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the official rules, or the rights of entrants, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the substance laws of the State of California and any applicable laws and regulations of the United States.