People always give me baby booze and I never throw the bottles out since they're so little and seem so keepable for no specific reason...
If you liked this instructable then please vote for it in the USB contest, which is in the voting stage now!
Step 1: Tools and Materials
- You'll need a dremel or a drill and some steady hands, I used a monstrous Ryobi that can barely be held in one hand and the smallest bit I could find
- A stanley or craft knife, an exacto style one might work too though the blades slip or bend out of the holder very easily
- Glue, hot glue, super glue something gluey...
- A little liquor bottle of your choice, needs to be plastic
- A flash drive, I used an 8GB Sandisk Cruzer
- Clear cast resin and colouring dependent on your liquor
Step 2: Starter Holes
Take care and run the drill slow until the hole's started, piloted wood bits work nicely because the point sticks in to the plastic and stops the drill from slipping.
If you have a dremel and a cutoff wheel you could cut the hole and finish it with that instead of the next step.
Step 3: Knifing Around
Step 4: Slide in the Flash Drive
Step 5: Don't Try to Look at It in the Computer.
On taking the drive out by pulling the bottle it popped inside the bottle and became rather trapped, like mutilate the bottle trapped.
Step 6: If You Managed Not to Mess Up Like Me.
Make up your resin, around 45-50mls will make it look like a full bottle, fill up through the top, hence sealing the bottom of the bottle.
Enjoy a non failed version of this project...