While this Instructable uses some extra acrylic pieces and special wire this is an upgrade that could easily be accomplished using several paper clips and a little ingenuity.
A quick video of my Arduino Controlled Servo Robot - (SERB) bumping its way around.
To check out more delightfully fun open source projects please visit oomlout.com
Step 1: Parts & Tools
Robot - (Arduino Controlled Servo Robot - (SERB) )
( build your own , or purchase a lovely kit ($175)
- We use an Arduino Controlled Servo Robot - (SERB) however any Arduino powered dual servo robot will work. Other options (here)
- Cut Your Own (Scroll Saw) -- Download the scroll saw pattern (02-WHIS-Scrollsaw Pattern.pdf) glue it to a piece of 3mm Acrylic, cut and drill
- Cut Your Own (Laser Cutter) -- Download (00-WHIS-Whisker Holders.eps) and cut it on your laser cutter using 3mm acrylic
- Purchase A Whisker Kit -- Available from oomlout.com (here)
- 3mm x 15mm bolt (x3)
- 3mm x 10mm bolt (x4)
- 3mm nut (x7)
- 3mm washer (x1)
- Whisker Wire (14 Gauge) (120 cm)
- Wire (22 AWG solid)