What better way to start experimenting with open source micro-controllers ( Arduino
) then by building your very own open source robot ( CC (SA -BY
) )?What to do with your SERB?
- (here) - How to connect your SERB to the internet and drive it over a Skype video call.
- (here) - How to Control Your SERB Using a Wii nunchuck's accelerometers
- (here) - How to Add Obstacle Detecting Whiskers to Your Robot
- (here) - How to make 30 kits (Open Manufacturing)
- Fully programmable using an Arduino Duemilanove micro-controller (or another micro-controller of your choosing).
- No need to solder.
- Choice of cutting options for acrylic pieces. (scroll saw, access to a laser cutter, purchasing pre-cut pieces)
- Easily expandable and modifiable with extra bolt holes and included breadboard.
- Dual ball bearing rear wheel.
- Up and running in 1-2 hours. (from kit)
- Open source design (build as many as you like)
In the UK and like Arduino stuff? check out our newly opened web store oomlout.co.uk
A quick video of a completed Arduino controlled servo robot - (SERB) running the included test program (step 6)Note:
Source files are available on a parallel Instructable (Source Files For) - How to Make an Arduino Controlled Servo Robot - (SERB)