Introduction: How to Make a Boot-able Windows Installer USB Key the Easy Way!
There are situations out there where you require a boot-able USB thumb drive.
This Instructable will guide you through the simple steps in making just about any USB thumb drive into a boot-able Windows Vista/7/8 installer.
Step 1: Required Materials
You will require the following materials;
1. A 4GB or larger USB thumb drive. (I recommend a 8GB thumb drive)
2. Latest version of YUMI. (Can be downloaded from here)
3. Windows install media. (Should be in ISO format)
4. Computer that requires Windows to be installed! (With or without DVD-ROM)
Step 2: How to Use YUMI
Once you have collected all the required materials complete the following steps to make your USB thumb drive boot-able.
1. Plug in your USB Thumb drive. (Make sure you remove everything important from the USB Thumb drive because we will be formatting it.)
2. Open YUMI, if you are doing this on a Windows Vista or higher computer you will be prompted for Administrator Access.
3. You will be greeted by the first image. Click I Agree
4. After you Click I Agree select your USB thumb drive in the drop down menu. (Second and third image)
5. Check off Format X:\ Drive. (fourth image)
6. Scroll down to the bottom until you find Windows vista/7/8 installer and select it. (Fifth Image)
7. Browse to your ISO of the Windows Install Media (Sixth and Seventh Image)
8. Click Create
9. Click Yes (Eighth Image)
10. Wait for the format and copy of installation media completes (tenth image)
11. Click Next
12. Click No(Eleventh Image)
13. Click Finish (Twelfth Image)
You now have a boot-able Windows Vista/7/8 Installer USB Thumb Drive
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.