Introduction: How to Make a Lamp!
A crafty lamp made of wire hangers, canvas, and beads.
Step 1: Materials and Tools
3-4 Wire Hangers
Gorilla Glue (you can also use a glue gun, super glue etc.)
9 ”x 24”Canvas (or any other strong material)
Fire Retardant Spray
Lamp making kit
Vase for the stand (or a bottle)
Step 2: Making the Frame
- Using the pliers, untwist the wire hangers so that they are straight.
- Use your ruler and wire cutter to measure and cut two 23” inch pieces of wire
- Use the pliers to make small loops on the ends of both sticks of wire.
- Use the pliers to make a circle with each stick. Hook the loops at the ends to close the circle
- Using your ruler and wire cutters, measure and cut two 10”inch pieces of wire.
- Make loops on both ends of both sticks with pliers.
- Hook the loops to the circle pieces of wire you made earlier so that they are all connected.
- Glue the loops to secure them in place.
- Using your ruler and wire cutter, measure and cut four 4” inch pieces of wire. Make loops on both
ends of each wire with the pliers.
- Hook one end of all 4 wires to the bottom circle.
- Using you ruler and wire cutter, measure and cut 3”inches of wire. Make it into a ring using pliers.
- Hook the loops of the four wires to the ring. Glue everything to secure them into place.
Step 3: Making the Shade
- Sew the canvas around the frame.
- Cut off any excess material.
- Spray the entire shade with Flame retardant spray.
Step 4: Assembly
- Use the instructions on the lamp kit to build it.
- Place the neck through the ring on the lamp shade frame.
- Use a vase or candle holder as the base and glue the bottom into the lip of the base.
Step 5: Decorating
- Using your ruler and scissors, cut 24” inches of the annealed wire.
- Add colorful beads on the wire, and wrap them around the lamp shade. Twist the wire ends to secure
Plug it in, and you've got yourself a lamp!