Introduction: How to Update Maps in Audi MMI 2G (A4 A5 A6 A8 Q7)
Audi MMI 2G maps update is performed with a DVD stored navigation database. Maps update procedure is simple, does not require any diagnostic tools what so ever.
Make sure that you have in you car Audi Multi Media Interface 2G (MMI 2G). Audi cars can have MMI 3G system, RNS-E, RNS-D, Audi RMC, Audi Concert and other radio and navigation systems. Unfortunately most of them are branded with the same startup screen.
You will need maps update DVD for your region:
- Europe DVD 2015: 4E0 060 884 DT
- Russia DVD 2015: 4E0 060 884 EF
- North America DVD 2015: 4E0 060 884 DS
- Australia and New Zealand DVD 2014: 4E0 060 884 DQ
Step 1: Audi MMI 2G Navigation Maps Update Procedure
- Open your cars trunk and locate navigation DVD drive. It can be under the trunk floor or on the side, hidden behind trunk trim.
- Press “eject” and take out old navigation DVD.
- Insert new disk.
- Turn the ignition on and wait for the new disk to be recognized by Audi MMI 2G system.
- When asked (“New navigation software is available. Install?”), confirm that you want to update navigation database.
- Wait couple minutes for the software to be installed.
- When update is complete, press RETURN to reboot Audi MMI 2G system.
- Now your navigation maps are up to date.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.