Introduction: Infinity Mirror Clock Making
Making an infinity mirror clock is a very fun proccess. Anybody can do it and once you finish it you will be amazed!
So lets get started!
Here is a video step by step:
What you will need:
1. An old wall clock, the rim diameter of mine was 30cm
2. A round mirror with a 10mm hole right in the center, (The diameter here must be smaller than the rim diameter of the clock becuse you will have to fit the mirror inside the rim)
3. A round one way mirror the same diameter with the other mirror
4. Some strips of wood, or anything that is bendable and can be used as a spacer between the two mirrors
5. Led Strip
6. Some wire
7. A power adapter for the led strip (mine was 12Volt DC 50Watt)
Step 1: Disassemble the Old Clock and Prepare the Rim
Disassemble the old clock, take the rim and drill an 8mm hole 1,5cm from its edge. We will need that hole to feed the wires from the led strip to the adapter through it.
Step 2: Placing the Wooden Spacers
Take your strips of wood and place them as shown in the pictures, they act as spacers between the two mirrors. If you use wood place it in some water first for 10 minutes. This way it wont break as you bend it.
They must be a few mm wider than the led strip. At this point you will have to redrill the hole on the rim to penetrate the wood.
Step 3: Led Strip
Place the led strip in the rim, connect the wires and give it a test!
Step 4: The Clock Mechanism
Fit the clock mechanism on the mirror (I bought a 5mm mirror and I had to glue the mechanism on it. If you buy a 3mm thick mirror you might be able to use its own nut!)
Place the clock hands on the mechanism, and place the mirror in the rim.
Step 5: Finishing!
Use another wood strip to secure the whole structure.
Place the adapter behind the Clock and its all done!
5 People Made This Project!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.