Step 2: "Super Cool" Water Trick
I was fascinated by the idea, and began to research the online resources demonstrating the effect of supercooled water, and began to experiment with it on my own.
I can confirm, along with hundreds of others, that this phenomenon is legit, and here's how to do it step-by-step!
1. Find some purified water (The easiest place to find this is an unopened bottle of water)
2. Put it in the freezer for the exact amount of time to supercool it (More on this later)
3. Initiate nucleation of the ice crystals (Easier than it sounds)
Step 3: How To Supercool Water
Some factors that affect the time to freeze are;
- Volume of water in the bottle
- Size and shape of the bottle
- Temperature of water before it goes in the freezer
- Temperature of the freezer
- Position of the bottle in the freezer
- Impurities in the water
To determine the formula for your specific bottles;
- Make a note of the time
- Check your bottles after 90 minutes, and thereafter every 15 minutes until one freezes
- Mark the time of the frozen bottle, and subtract 15 minutes.
In my case, the first bottle froze after 2 hours and 45 minutes, and I found all the bottles worked consistently between 2-1/2 hours and 2 hours 45 minutes.