I have always wanted to have Air Conditioning in my shed, I mainly use it for storage, but I am always in there looking for something! I was also looking to have something I could take with me, wherever I go, like to a friends house if we just hang out in the garage of on the deck. I really don't like warm weather, so here is my keep it cool answer! This project draws a lot upon other 'ibles, like CameronSS's idea, but I needed it bigger! This all runs off 120V, so I don't have to worry about batteries, just bring the cooler and a long extension cord. I bought as few materials as possible, and I only have about $20 into this project (aside from what I dumpster dove for or otherwise had laying around), I probably could have gotten away with about $10, but I wanted a few options that I was willing to pay for.
Step 1: Gather Stuff
Here is what you will need:
- Cooler (found mike kicking around my shed)
- Couple of larger AC fans, I got mine from a K&N Air Filter display that my local Auto Parts Stores was throwing out when they were going out of business
- Coil setup from a Fridge that is being discarded. Keep an eye out in the neighborhood on garbage day.
- Old Air Purifier fan, or any 6ish inch fan that you can find
- Toilet Drain Flange, Hardware Store (Orange, Blue or Green)
- Shower Drain, again found at a Hardware Store (Orange had this one)
- Fountain Pump, Harbor Freight.
- 7" Duct Elbow, Hardware Store