- straw hat 1/2 watt leds (one for each bulb) (eBay has thousands to chose from complete with resisters)
- resisters for the leds to operate on 12-13.5 volts
- heat shrink tubing (to make it neat and tidy
- soldering iron and solder
- some thin wire (i use telephone cable)
- hot glue gun and glue
- tools to remove the dash panel
this is really easy to do and has vastly improved the legibility of my dash
Step 1: Remove the Dash Panel
Step 2: Assemble the LED's
Cover the resister and leg with heat shrink tubing, leaving a little wire exposed to connect to.
Step 3: Place the LED's
Hot glue the LED into place. let the glue cool completely before tugging at the LED or it may come out.
Step 4: "more Power Scotty!!"
you may need to clean the tracks to solder a good connection.
pass the wire through to the back of the unit to connect the LED's
Step 5: Test the Polarity of the Wires
a quick reconnection to the vehicle and test the wire's onto the LED's and remember which way round they go.
Step 6: Solder Up the Final Connections
reassemble the panel and refit back into the vehicle.
stand back and admire your work.
start planning your next project!!